Last week I made a beef curry dish in the crock pot that came out NOTHING like I planned it, but I still found it delicious. My husband, on the other hand, couldn't even eat it, and used the words "burnt rubber" at one point in his description. *shrug* The measurements probably aren't perfect, since I didn't think I'd be posting it, but it's close.
- Beef chuck roast (about 2lb)
- 3.5 cups chopped winter squash
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1-2 cups stock (mine was chicken because that's all I had)
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 2 tbsp thai red curry paste
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder (I find it turns out better in the slow cooker than real garlic)
- 5 oz frozen spinach (half a bag)
If your slow cooker runs at a lower temperature than mine, maybe you will end up with the result I expected: chunks of squash, and meat that can be broken into pieces.
If you've got one of these lovely new Rivals that boils on the "keep warm" setting, your squash will have disintegrated, and the meat will shred apart, giving you a very thick, almost chili-like consistency.