Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Fast, easy, lettuce-less salads

I've been eating salads for lunch a lot lately.  They're quick to throw together, it's a good way to eat a lot of vegetables (unless that's not important to you), and there's virtually no limit to the combinations you can create.

Here's the thing: I really get sick of chopping vegetables... so I'm minimized the chopping needed.  And I don't really like lettuce... so I don't eat it.  (It goes bad so quickly anyway, too much pressure.)

I'm eating the salad pictured below while typing this.  I didn't think to blog about my salad until I had already eaten part of it, but then I realized it was pretty and I wanted to show it off.


So here's what's in it:
  • Uncured herb-crusted salami (the whole line of Wegmans salamis are great - I think I've tried all but the "pepper" one)
  • Goat cheese
  • Rainbow Salad (I wish there was an organic version of this)
  • "Zesty" sprouts mix (maybe baby bean plants aren't strictly paleo/primal, but they're pretty healthy from what I've read)
  • Celery
  • Green bell pepper
  • Cucumber
  • Dressing: olive oil, apple cider vinegar, and spicy brown mustard
The process involved chopping the celery, cucumber, pepper, and salami, but otherwise just throwing everything together.  For the "dressing" I haphazardly poured/squirted random amounts into one of those tiny tupperware containers and shook it up a bit.  I did this while cooking my bacon and eggs for breakfast, and had time to spare.

No comments:

Post a Comment