Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Bacon, spinach, and leek frittata

I made a frittata that was particularly good a while back and took some nice photos, so I thought I'd share.  Here's the final product - you can find the recipe and step-by-step pictures by clicking the link below.




Ingredients:
  • 6 slices bacon, chopped
  • 2 leeks, sliced crosswise and cleaned well
  • 5 oz frozen spinach (half a bag)
  • 6 medium eggs
  • 3/4 cup ricotta cheese
  • 1/4 cup sour cream
  • 2 oz pepper jack cheese, shredded
  • Seasonings of choice (salt, pepper, garlic powder, etc)

Sautee bacon until almost done in a large oven-safe pan.
Add leeks and cook until softened.
Add spinach and cook until thawed and heated through.
Mix eggs, ricotta, and sour cream.
Stir the egg mixture until well blended.  Season as desired - I cannot for the life of me remember what I used.
Add egg mixture to pan and cook, without stirring, until it's mostly set.  It will still be liquidy on top.
Sprinkle the shredded cheese on top, and broil until set and lightly browned.
Let it rest for a bit before cutting.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment